Trying to pick Arsenal’s League Cup teams is like trying to … well rather like trying to do something quite difficult.
Arsène Wenger let’s us know who is not playing…
- Gervinho has an ankle problem and will be out for some time, but how long is not known.
- Szczesny is fit but not fit enough for the match
- Wilshere doesn’t really need two games so quickly
- Oxlade-Chamberlain is still out with an injury
- Diaby is still out.
- Rosicky is still out
- Gibbs is still out
So who have we got then?
Sagna probably doesn’t need another game instantly so that gives us Mannone in goal and Jenkinson.
Koscielny hasn’t had much of a run this season, so that should see him in the middle
Francis Coquelin, Theo Walcott and Andrey Arshavin all look likely given their position on the bench for the last game.
Which gives me
Jenkinson KoscielnyDjourou Miquel
Yennaris Frimpong Coquelin Gnabry
Which even by some of my standards looks fairly odd. Chamakh could make a return I suppose, but it depends just how far gone he is. Could Walcott really play down the middle? Should we not be finding space of Eisfeld?
This is the team we put out against Coventry
Ignasi Miquel, Johan Djourou (c), Martin Angha, Nico Yennaris,
Francis Coquelin, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Andre Santos
Andrey Arshavin, Olivier Giroud, Theo Walcott
This is one of the oddest games to predict the line-up for, because there is every chance that Mr Wenger has some other experiment up his sleeve and something unexpected just like the sudden arrival of Gnabry took most of us by surprise.
Apparently if Arsenal win they will qualify for the quarter-finals for the 10th season running. Not that anyone notices such things.
- Woolwich Arsenal: The club that changed football – Arsenal’s early years
- Making the Arsenal – how the modern Arsenal was born in 1910
- “The Crowd at Woolwich Arsenal”: crowd behaviour at the early matches
- Referee Decisions - just what are the refs up to this season?
- The weight loss programme: The only guaranteed wayto stay fit
- Looking for a terraced house in Northamptonshire?
- For all your football betting try these Bookmakers with free bets.