Occasional articles on Arsenal’s players including youth, reserve and loan players. —————————————–
Untold Players is part of “Untold Arsenal” – an ever growing collection of articles and comment on numerous aspects of football from an Arsenal perspective. A list of other sections within Untold Arsenal is given at the end of this page, and on the home page of the site.
- St George and The Suarez: The Dragon who came to represent everything ‘Un-English’
- The DNA isn’t always purer on the other side of reality. Cesc back? Mr Wenger to PSG?
- What is really going on inside Arsenal? It’s not so hard to work out.
- The case for Koscielny as a defensive midfielder
- With or without cheese: welcome Nacho
- Giroud: from flop to not so bad at all
- THE OFFICIAL ARSENAL TRANSFER DELUSION
- Signing Theo on the eve of Herbert Chapman day
- Theo signs. So what of Edinson Cavani?
- Song and Modric top flops in Spain
- Do we really need to buy anyone in January?
- Theo Henry
- Zaha is an Arsenal fan but we could still buy the best penalty area player in the world
- The only way forward is looking ahead
- The battle of the consumate keepers. Arsenal v Swansea, as Gazidis steps up
- This year / last year part two of our comparison. Man U, Man C, Tottenham, Arsenal
- This year / last year – a comparison so far
- False claims in football: cheating or a must?
- Wilshere and the balance between long and short term
- Something simple
- Arsenal – Schalke04: 2-2, Borrusia Dortmund – Schalke04: 4-0
- Tonight’s game
- You don’t know what you’re doing
- Rolling grass, beer, roofs and the Würfel. Travelling to tonight’s game
- Now that’s what I call a (reserve) team
- This is Arsenal, anything can happen
- Who is scoring the goals?
- If the FA were serious about racism and violence this is what they would do.
- Football journalism and player comments: It has all got totally out of control
- The midfielders in the first 6 games
- Looking at the defence
- This year, last year; a comparison of progress
- A new Arsenal forward this January
- October becomes Rebotco, Keown’s son plays, as trends reverse at Arsenal
- Does Barcelona pay their players to speculate in the transfer market?
- Football corruption allegations keep rolling along
- As cheap as the 6th division
- Playing clubs to win and not playing your strongest team
- This season v last season – more goals
- “Aaron Ramsey selection for City encounter baffles Arsenal fans”
- Jack’s back but who drops out.
- RVP – the concluding part to the series on what really happened
- Montpellier v Arsenal cancelled due to Theo non-signature
- RVP – what really happened part 1 ,,, part 2
- The 31 players in Arsenal’s “25″
- Serge Gnabry – another exciting prospect
- Dejan Iliev makes it four
- Who said project youth is dead?
- Arsenal vs The Rugby Team – ref preview
- Is it time for a wage cap in the Premier League
- Numbered shirts were introduced by Chapman, or were they?
- Consider the midfield
- Ray Parlour and Martin Keown back playing this weekend.
- Nuri Sahin: part of an extraordinary revolution at Arsenal
- Darren Dein no longer has influence over players at Arsenal
- What ever happened to the notion of loyalty?
- Of loyalty
- RVP – it’s just that Nic Anelka thing all over again.
- Van Persie has gone to Man U; can Arsenal expect to push past them this season?
- Among the new players who is a replacement, who is extra
- The full Arsenal squad for 2012/13
- Opting out of Arsenal. What happens when a player wants to break his contract
- Arsenal Reserves get a breakthrough of sorts
- Cazorla and Sahin, Vapour Transfers and the trapping of RVP
- Great Grandson of Arsenal star wins Olympic Gold
- The Myth of British Steel and Spine
- Arsenal’s two imminent signings complete the fabulous 10 new players for this season
It’s not about Wenger and individual players, it is about chemistry
- Santi Cazorla to Arsenal, and everything that can go wrong when money men own clubs
- Arsenal’s RVP strategy will soon be written up as a classic manoeuvre; no matter what the player does Arsenal win.
- Arsenal’s amazing new mid-field vision
- Liam Brady - celebrating the anniversary of his signing for Arsenal
- How do you replace a striker like Van Persie? (and apologies for the typo that originally occurred in this headline. I’m obviously having a bad few days in the editing lounge)
- Continuing the search for the youngsters who will step up this season
- Last season Theo was brilliant - but who will play on the right this year
- Anders Limpar, David Rocastle, George Graham
- Arsenal’s big choice for the coming season. Who is left on the left in attack?
- When a Tottenham goalkeeper hit an Arsenal supporter during a game
- It looks like we are going to make summer signing number5
- Why Ramsey is not Cesc and why Rosicky still has a future with us.
- Robin wants £30m for himself and isn’t worth it (according to the press)
- Football is back, at last
- Who played for Arsenal in the opening games - and what does it tell us?
- Mikel:the anchor in midfield
- RVP’s decision: What gives any player the right to dictate club policy?
- Untold Players: Santos or Gibbs? Who will hold the left back position this season?
- Let us sing our Song – although maybe for the last time
Who will be Arsenal’s next captain?
- The Flamini Fallacy: Why selling Robin is good business for Arsenal
- What now
- Gone in 60 seconds
- A poem
- Prevention and curing
- Who is playing which game?
- Robin Van Persie – he signs where he wants (unfortunately for us).
- The Next Gen, FA Youth cup and the new reserve coach
- When will our Bac be back?
- Szczesny, the number one… but for how long?
- Musing on the midfield: does Arsenal need a playmaker?
- A Van Persie-Giroud Partnership?
- Giroud is in – but who could it push out?
- Giroud will score 14 next season
EuroWatch: England crash out, the French depart and only our German gooners remain. Plus Marco Reus transfer chat
- Robin Van Persie, match fixing and ice creams
- Farewell Nic Bendtner – it wasn’t so bad as some make out.
- Arsenal prepare to have six teams in 2012/13
Billy the Dog on the 3 players likely to sign this week. Or not
Two big transfer tips from down the local: Seydou Doumbia and Marvin Martin
Half of Arsenal’s midfield and attack will be different next season
- The transfer window thus far: The chronicles of wasted time -
- All the players who will join us next season
Deliberate Injuries: an Untold investigation:
- Looking back at last season : dealing early is what we should have done…but could we have really done that?
- The 10 players who could make a real impact next season
- The Good the bad and the great of last season – plus the buy of the season
- New previously unseen Bac Sagna video with a chance to learn some French!
- Green Gunners: Irishmen at Arsenal
- Arsenal’s 25 for next season
Herzlich Wilcommen Lukas Podolski
- Next summer’s transfers: Ntcham
- The Robin Double: What it means for the player, Mr Wenger and the club.
- Awards Time: Robin wins, you can create your own award, and we announce our series
- Arsenal 24 Coarse sand grains and small stones 7. Sometimes being there is not enough
- A statue came to life
- Arsenal/Leeds – at least it is a game where we know the team in advance
- TRANSFERS: The media have suggested 89 transfers involving Arsenal this January. Here’s a complete list. We’re not sure they will all happen.
- PLAYERS: The conclusion of the New Ones series – Benayoun and Park
- PLAYERS: Santos – a useless fat man, or an unsung hero?
- PLAYERS: Arteta – another “desperate” last day buy who is working wonders
- THE NEW PLAYERS: A review of how they have settled in. “The Pole”
- VAN PERSIE: The non-striker heading for the all time record
- PLAYERS: The embarrassment of riches – a statistical analysis
- PLAYERS: Finally let us move back to what is really important
- PLAYERS: Arteta is a gem, but spare a thought for poor Everton
- PLAYERS: Just a few internationals left to go, and no injury news yet
- PLAYERS: Carl Jenkinson at nineteen
- RESERVES: Ryo forced off injured early in a reserve game
- UNTOLD PLAYERS: Thank you David Moyes and welcome to the wise old head
Player features (for the Cesc affair see below)
Robin van Persie: A gunner in the world cup final
Thomas Vermaelen: The exclusive interview
Players from the past: Remembering Martin Hayes
Defence: Was it the defence that was a problem last year?
Cesc: Why he won’t go now, but he might go later
The Squad: How the 25 player rule works, plus thee 25 registered players, the home grown rule, and the under 21s
Player reviews: Super Nick and Drogba
Reserves: Last season’s loanees – who will make it into the first team this coming season.
Youth: Arsenal become the first team ever to retain the Academy title which shows that the Youth Project which started seven years ago with a bunch of 11 year olds is now truly working.
The Cesc affair
Reserves and youth
The players: new signings, the squad and past memories
Previous Post: This season’s players, and the 25 player rule
Full index of posts: The players: first team, reserves, youth
Reserves: Last season’s loans – who will make it?
Youth: Arsenal become the first team ever to retain the Academy title
The Golden 30: Untold’s readers vote on the best of the 2009/10 youth squad
This summer’s transfers
Arsenal’s other new central defender: the most likely arrival.
Our latest superstar signing, Wellington Silva and a matter of balls
The Great Cesc Fàbregas Transfer Saga: what’s really going on
All the transfers this summer, Chamamh, Embiecilio, Roberts, Martinez
The Squad: How the 25, the home grown, and the under 21s system will work
Next season’s squad: who we’ve got who could we sign (the complete overview of all possibilities)
WRITE FOR UNTOLD ARSENAL
We really do welcome writers who have a positive view of the Wenger revolution, or who have something new to say about any of the topics that we regularly cover – all listed above. Just email your idea to Tony.Attwood@aisa.org or send in the whole article as a Word file attached to an email.
MAKING THE ARSENAL
Full details of the novel which tells the story of Arsenal’s collapse and birth as a new club in 1910. Details here.